Approved by the Consejo Nacional de Enseñanza Superior Universitaria Privada (CONESUP), this unique degree course has been imparted since May, 2009.
The degree course was created to support the development of the sustainable tourism, improve and enhance Ecoturism, and fulfill today’s market´s needs. Our goal is to provide human talent holistically trained capable to raise competitiveness and face the complex dynamics of the global economy.
Our faculty is composed by a group of selected professionals with a vast experience in environmental, ecological, bioethical and strategic planning and management issues.
The curriculum is composed of 33 courses including the supervised practice for a total of 136 credits. Our academic approach combines theoretical concepts with practice so that our students learn by doing and acquire all-round knowledge. We expect to provide the students with the instruction and knowledge to develop the skills, values and attitude required in this profession.
Our curriculum also offers the possibility to conduct internships in national and international ecological reserves, national parks, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), state agencies, municipalities, and academic Institutions.
To contribute to the socio-economic development of countries, state and local public institutions, municipalities and private companies by providing solidly trained professionals in the processes of management, planning, and assessment in the field of sustainable tourism.
Our graduates will be able to:
• Act as consultants in the design of plans, programs, projects and ecotourism companies.
• Manage programs, projects and ecotourism companies in both private and state and municipal sector.
• Conduct evaluation and follow-up in the execution of plans, programs and projects.
• Conduct project execution in ecological tourism, including the coordination of all project components.
• Integrate interdisciplinary work equipment specialized in ecotourism and environmental impact.
• Prepare management and environmental impact evaluation plans to, among others.
• Offer personal consulting at a national or international level, and support the management of organizations that promote nature conservation.
• Create projects and establish companies dedicated to ecotourism.